• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Calling all So Cal Members 4 Parade

Ok, it is official. The Honor the Veterans Parade is on the weekend of April 18th.
I will be carrying the Members of American Legion Post #79 out of Riverside, Ca.
If you wish to participate I think we might be able to get some more Legions to ride in your vehicle if you want. This is the rough draft just to get on your map and hopefully you can participate. And no, it is not just for So Cal Members, anyone that wants to drive the distance is more than welcome. Heck, we might be able to pull of another Fontana meeting that afternoon or the next day as it is only about a 20 minute drive to the Fontana Scrap Yard from the Legion.

We can meet at the Legion early Saturday morning to group up then drive to the parade staging area which is right by the Riverside County Courthouse - about an 8 minute drive from the Legion. After the parade we return to the Legion for a BBQ and beverages of your choice. If there is a Soldier B with you then there is a full bar since Soldier A will be On The Wagon while driving your OD Beast. They do invite quite a number of people at the parade to stop by.

The parade is free to participate in you just need to get your application paperwork in. This is mainly to just to let the organizers know what kind of vehicle it is as you will be announced over the loudspeaker as you pass by the viewing stand. It is a lot of fun and there is a large contingent of military vehicles there. The March Air Force Base Air Museum is well represented.

More as I learn more.

American Legion
2979 Dexter Dr
Riverside, CA 92501

Map is Here:

Map of American Legion, 2979 Dexter Dr Riverside, CA by MapQuest

JDToumanian

Is anyone heading up to Tower park that weekend.
I am! ...so unfortunately will miss the parade....

I am driving my deuce up there, possibly convoying with 1 or 2 other deuces. Anyone else going is more than welcome to join me - safety in numbers, ya know... I have a towbar....

I'd love to meet any other SS members that are going. As it gets a little closer I will start a thread about it.

Regards,
Jon

I have a request from the Legion for an additional truck to be in the parade to carry them. Mine is full at the moment.

Hole, you think you might be able to put your truck in?

Tyler? Will? You guys are close by and I would sure like to see you all again and be able to participate.

DJ maybe you could bring out your fancy Bob Job street rod?! :-D

Well all details are finalized. If any So Cal member wants to enjoy the parade and see some great M.V's back on the road here is your chance. A large contingent will be there from the nearby March Air Force Air Museum with their vehicles.

The other Will (Hole) and myself are participants. If anyone can come by we'd love to see you.

We meet at the American Legion at 7:30am Saturday the 18th.

We need to be in place at the staging area at 8:30am for the parade.

I will be out there by Friday afternoon and stay at my inlaws house.
This is going to be hoot. It a real moving experience last time looking at the vets watching the steel soldiers pass by. Kinda moved me and my wife (she rode int he cab with me) was close to tears.

Hope to see you soon
Gary

American Legion
2979 Dexter Dr
Riverside, CA 92501
Website | (951) 788-8635

Mapquest

Map of American Legion, 2979 Dexter Dr Riverside, CA by MapQuest

armytruck63

I will be there in "something" - don't know whether it will be my friend's CCKW, his '41 Dodge WC-1, my M35A2 with or without the M274A5 along, but we will be there. We will be near the "pin-up girl" (she's hard to miss):-D.

I'm also trying to get my dad to bring one of his jeeps.

Last year was very cool. I stuck my head in the engine compartment of the Stuart tank to check out the radial engine.

Great parade!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gary, that is the day Jake has his conformation at church...sorry, can't make it :cry:

Hi Will,

Ratz! So understandable.
Really looking forward to letting the old Deuce stretch it's legs this weekend.
It's running great with the new (Ahem!!!) expensive Interstate U6TL Batteries in it.
It starts right up and is running excellent.

I'm ready to scare the daylights outa the POS So Cal Beemer crowd on the way to the parade Friday!! :twisted:

Thanks Devin,
It really is a good event. Not a long parade but a great crowd and excellant participants.

Maybe we can make it an event for the local Fontana Junk-Yardin' Groupies to participate in next year.

We really have a good time and there is so many people that come back to the American Legion post afterwards.
Pretty cool, they have a WWII tank on the front lawn next to the lake.

I aua forgot aua my aua @)&#!!W&*$!!!! aua camera aua at aua the aua house!!!!

The 2 tanks in the parade were really cool.

Thanks to Will Wagner (Hole) for showing up. Had a great time talking to him and meeting some of the other guys with the green iron like Frank and Armytruck63.

As I understand it, this was the 5th year.
Next year is supposed to be even bigger due to a large contingent of law enforcement people rearranging their schedule so they can participate with their military vehicles.
I know it was a lot larger turnout than 2 years ago when I was last in it.
Even had a Huey gunship from Chino's Planes of Fame doing a few laps over the parade.

armytruck63

We also had a "bird dog" spotter plane as well as a Ryan five-cylinder radial engined (pre WWII?, don't know the model number) trainer flying overhead.

Great parade as always!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks