• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Calling MEP-802 Owners

max bowtie

Could an MEP-802 owner take a picture of the exhaust system from the outlet to the exhaust manifold for me? I want to see how the exhaust is routed. I'm looking at some gensets that are without a cover over the exhaust outlet and wondering how much water could make its way into the engine.

Thanks!

jbk

i would think water could reach the head if the cover were missing. the inlet to muffler from the head is at the bottom of the muffler. i tried to attach an old picture.

Attachments

Last edited:

ETN550

That's a possibility. I saw a few that were missing the auto closing square flap on top of the housing.

Is the fuel tank leaking on the left side? I see that a lot and it takes quite a bit of disassembly to get to it. Way more than one would think by looking at it. Look for a lot of staining or a puddle on the left side by the side door on the skid.

Last edited:

max bowtie

I didn't notice the staining or leak but thanks for the heads up ETN550! Seems like I do remember reading on one of the posts that, that is a common problem. Is that right?