• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camaro seats in M1009?

caldreamz

Hi All, I know there are a lot of threads about seat swaps but I actually want to retain my original front seats. Just need a foam replacement and then I'll recover. I heard or saw somewhere that the M1009 seats are actually from a 80s Camaro? If so then that foam is widely available. It makes sense that the seats would be a little smaller than civvy Blazer to accommodate someone wearing gear.

vanaisa

They are similar, yes. I had one to replace my worn drivers seat. But as i looked closer they were slightly different (seat frame, connections, back recliner).
Foam parts probably are same or almost same.

cucvrus

Hi All, I know there are a lot of threads about seat swaps but I actually want to retain my original front seats. Just need a foam replacement and then I'll recover. I heard or saw somewhere that the M1009 seats are actually from a 80s Camaro? If so then that foam is widely available. It makes sense that the seats would be a little smaller than civvy Blazer to accommodate someone wearing gear.
What side do you need the foam bottom pad for? I have several loose seats and seat parts. Just an idea.

caldreamz

The current seat foam is still intact. I just assumed 50 year old foam could use a refresh. So, trying to get new foam before recovering the seats.

41cl8m5

It is almost the same, the ones you are looking for are from the S10 Blazer that had bucket seats and the S15 Jimmy same thing. It would be the 4 door ones if my memory is correct. Also in 1987 gm changed the full size Blazer to the smaller bucket seat that were in the CUCV M1009s. The M1010 Ambulance had the older bucket seats in them, it was a higher bucket seat like the K5’s of the early 80s not the low ones of the late 60s and 70s on the Blazer, with only the drivers seat (on the M1010) being able to move or adjust back and fort, the passenger one was solid mounted to the floor. Not a lot of room between but the medic could pass to the box to check on the occupants without getting out.

GM used the smaller bucket seat frame on a few different models but you are right about the mounting being different to each model but the seat that sit on it should still work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks