• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camber/Alignment

Vapor Trail

I'm pretty concerned about the positive camber problem for alignments. I want/need to lift mine about three inches. The tires I have are 800 each so I won't be driving around with it unless it's perfect. I find it hard to believe that taking one 1/8" thick shim out will bring it correct. Does anyone have any input and what happens if all the shims are out and it still needs more?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The typical advice for lifts is to lift the body, not the suspension.
Lifting the suspension puts halfshafts/CV joints at extreme angles and wears them out much faster.

As far as I know if all the shims are removed and it still needs more, there isn't a whole lot you can do. Doing a suspension lift is well outside what the geometry of the suspension was designed for, so you're on your own.

Vapor Trail

I've done a 1.5" body lift and I need about 1 to 1.5 more inches with springs or spacers which I don't think it extreme. Lots of people run springs and spacers that get them 1 to 2 inches successfully. Even the unmodified vehicles have this camber issue. What happens when there's no more adjustment?

rcamacho

Custom made adjustable upper A arms is the most typical aftermarket handling of this issue I’ve seen.

XHP has these for a modest fee

Prior comments on half shaft angularity stand.

If you want to correct both and lift you’re likely fabricating custom lowered diff mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Custom made adjustable upper A arms is the most typical aftermarket handling of this issue I’ve seen.

XHP has these for a modest fee
Ouch, that is beyond my definition of modest :cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks