• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camber questions after all new suspension installed

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just finished removing all my shims from front camber. After I installed everything new in suspension the camber was way worse than before. Understand it was preloaded for mil use. Looking to at least get neutral camber, drive and see where I stand. Then only adjust it 1 more time. Has anyone gotten a neutral setting like this. A lot of talk about the thrust angle but I don't think this really applies to the 4 wheel independent on my 998, no experience on that. Would ask the shops but the kids can barely do a regular car. My take out shims were matched amounts on left side, right side was 1 or 2 different from 1 bucket to the other. Would have loved to find a civilian H1 and check his shims. Thanks for any feedback, this job is becoming old....

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are stuck with what ever it is by adding or subtracting, you would need to get the H1 setup if you want to really dial it in...prepare to pay out the yazoo for the parts.

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is your camber measuring now?
If all shims are removed you may be able to dial in more correction with later model control arm eccentrics from the usual HMMWV parts suppliers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanx for your time. Before all the new parts it was a lot positive, the preloaded setup. It got a lot more camber with newvparts. Nobody around here will check it out on a rack. Lots of excuses.
I removed all the shims now. I have not put the rest back together yet. Just want to be close to neutral since it wont be loaded down much.
Dave

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are stuck with what ever it is by adding or subtracting, you would need to get the H1 setup if you want to really dial it in...prepare to pay out the yazoo for the parts.
Thanks for replying. Just looking to get it close to normal after adding all the new parts. Only goes kije 55 or 60 confortably so not trying to get too exact like a high speed unit.

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what exactly did you replace on the rear suspen?
Replaced all upper and lower balljoints. Inner and outer tie rods, pittman arm and idler arm, shocks, rear radius arms, and probably more. The control arm bushings were not bad. Only looking to set a camber that dosent eat my new tires on front. Back camber is looking fairly good. Had 3 shops refuse to put it on a rack for measurements.

rcamacho

A commercial truck shop will have the rack and fortitude to align it. Expect to pay for several hours of labor though...

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A commercial truck shop will have the rack and fortitude to align it. Expect to pay for several hours of labor though...

Once I put it back will find commercial shop to give me the results. Thx

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks