• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Came with the truck...

chicklin

I have a MT-6352 base mount, an LS-671 loudspeaker controller and an LS-454 loudspeaker that came with the truck. I have no use for this stuff and know nothing about its working condition, but I thought I would check and see if it's worth anything. If not, I'll just toss it but I thought I would check with the radio guys before doing so. If you think it's worth saving, I'll post an ad in the classifieds. Any info about this stuff would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Rustygears

My truck came the same way. It also had the antenna mount but not the antenna base or antenna. To put the proper Sincgars radio into that mount you'll need an adapter and one or two radios plus optional RF power amp. Expect to pay about $2500 plus to put working gear in and finding it is tough. The radios are scarce and pricey and believe it or not, the original antenna and base are technically illegal to own! Uncle Sam thinks they are classified items. It can be done with effort and cash. When you're all done, you can legally use it only on the 6m ham band, if you have a ham license. In reality, a store bought 6m rig will cost under $1000 complete and also give you 2m and 440 too.

chicklin

Good info, but I'm not looking to use it myself. I'm just wondering if there is any interest in this stuff out there or if I should trash it. If it's going to cost someone $2500 in addition to this stuff to get a working radio, I'm guessing it's not in too high of demand.

chicklin

So there is. Looks like this stuff is pretty common/cheap.

I'd give it all away free for anyone that wants to pay the shipping. PM me if interested.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM sent... looks like I'm a minute too late.

The antennas/bases arent considered classified, they're not even controlled items. I don't know what the demil code is, but I can tell you with certainty that SINCGARS antennas/bases are not controlled items. The second+ (RT-1523A/B/C/D/E/F) generation radios with the encryption modules are controlled items, but the first gen (RT-1439) are not.

Last edited:

chicklin

Just to clarify, I don't have the antenna or antenna base. It did have some hacked together antenna mount which consisted of a tube U-bolted to the cab.

I've got you in line behind maddawg

DUECE-COUPE

I got a bunch of this stuff sitting in a trunk if any one needs any of it let me know and we can work out the particulars to get it out of my way and into yours.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks