• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camo Paint

qbubba51

I want to paint my 72 Deuce to the colors we used in the early 70s in Germany.

I have looked at the TM's but how to start where to start and what colors do I start with.

Other quwstion is paint I am in Wisconsin anyone know where I can buy paint?

This will be my project for my baby this summer.

mcmullag

rattle cans

Are you referring to a 3 color woodland camo design?
I just got pics from here or off the internet of 4 views of a truck, front, back and each side and then free-handed it, using brown and green from RAPCO and the black is rustoleum flat black (bulldogmack13 gave me all this info about the paint).

Attachments

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think he's referring to the old classic 4-color NATO Woodland scheme....but DANG mcmullag, your truck looks GOOD!!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 383 (3-colour) camo didn't actually come into common US use until the early 80's.

If its MERDC camo you are looking for, look at TB43-0147.

It is in the Deuce manual section of the TM's (under the "Resources" button above, if you are not familiar with it).

There isn't a pattern in the manual for the M-35 (we would all be happy if there was!), but there are some deuce types you can figure it out from. The M530C fire truck gives you the cab forward, and the top view. You could use a bed-sized section of the pattern for your sides and back, or start digging through photos.

DieselBob's link shows the various colours nicely.

Cheers

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
This is what mine looked like.
I think we were attached to 8th Army.
Prolly 3rd Army WM?? 8th Army was/is in Korea....I think...was in the 70's (2 tours) and 90's(1 tour) when I went back.

I think I remember most of the 70's stuff being the 4 color camo.
Then again...I think I remember the 70's stuff being plain OD...24087??

In other words...maybe it depended on where the truck was stationed and what color/colors you want to use.

DieselBob

Check my link above. On the menu on the left side of the page is the link to "MERDC Camouflage Templates", about halfway down are the templates for the M35. m35a2-01.gif & m35a2-02.gif.2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks