• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camo paint

86k10

Where does one find the green or what I would call the base color. Have some spots to touch up and figured you guys knew how to get some or something close.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CARC paint is no more toxic than any other paint. Take normal propper precautions when applying it, you wont have any problems.

gasser

Um - I wonder if I could shoot CARC with my airless sprayer? I do have a tip for Exterior latex house paint ... you think that's sufficient? Or would I need to go a gravity feed system (like most Auto paint sprayers).

-graham

Jones

CARC data sheets are in the tech bulletins section of the SS library. All kinds of info including what size tip to use and what pressures to apply at. Treat it like any other epoxy coating-- avoid the fumes and spray mist. HVLP is best but we bought a "throw away" rig because clean-up's a pain once it kicks off.
The biggest concern/danger from CARC is sanding or sawing through the finish which releases CARC dust that is loaded with all kinds of heavy minerals... Silica, quartz, talc, christobolite, chromium oxide, and green spinel to name just a few.
Alfa Heaven is a good source for the late one-part CARC.

poppop

If you touch up carc with gillispe you will be able to see the spots. We touched up spots on a freshly painted truck and you can still tell the difference. The gillispe is smoother and shiner.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks