• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Delta at Tower Park April 2012 in CA

papakb

Camp Delta 2012

Being the longest running MV shows on the west coast the Tower Park / Camp Delta show has a large annual following and the April meet is always full. If you plan on coming, space in April is at a premium. Please contact JoAnn Lesser at mamalesser@yahoo.com or call 408-238-8277 for more information on spaces. If you have buddies there try to double up with them. We do our best to keep the reservations straightened out and to fit people in that need space for trucks and RVs but it's a busy event. There is plenty of space for transport trailers in an area by the park entrance that helps us open up space but it's still going to be tight. For those of you making last minute plans to come there is another small campground a quarter mile away (across the road) from Tower Park with hookups that we use as an overflow area. For those of you who hotel there are several moderately priced hotels 5 miles away at the interstection of Hwy 12 and Hwy 5.

As you can see from the first post this year we have an even larger and better activities list going. Beyond all the comeradery and parts sales we do our best to accomodate everyones needs. There are meals provided Thursday thru Saturday in campground 4 and there is a restaurant behind the KOA registration office and store.

This is as much a social event as it is an MV show. Make it a point to stop and talk to people as you wander about. In a show this large there's almost always someone who will have an answer for your questions whether this is your first visit or you've done it for years. Where else can you have an hour long discussion about paint colors?

Most of all, come and have a good time. The Military Vehicle Collectors of California will have an information tent set up in space 394, across from the Pavilion where you can ask questions, pay dues, or join the club.

Kurt Lesser
MVCC President

Last edited:

papakb

SCDUG,

Tower Park is a KOA campground and there 's likely to be almost every sort of vehicle driving around at any one time. Trucks, mules, jeeps, bicycles, ATVs, if it has wheels it's probably going to be there.

Kurt Lesser

TheRecorder

SCDUG,

Tower Park is a KOA campground and there 's likely to be almost every sort of vehicle driving around at any one time. Trucks, mules, jeeps, bicycles, ATVs, if it has wheels it's probably going to be there.

Kurt Lesser

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWoWQBFfh80&feature=channel_video_title[/media]

Tahoe

Hope to be there if I can get leave during training.

Made a reservation but will cancel early enough for someone else to use if I cannot make it.

Tahoe

Major Asstyrd

can I drive my MV in to the show even if i am not staying there?
Absitively posilutly.
Although we prohibit civvy vehicle and trailer parking inside the campgrounds (except in your paid campsite or you will be towed), there are some places for day-use MV parking. It's a MV show after all! We might even make this official this year with some "MV parking only" signs by the Pavilion in Campground 4. Head for the Pavilion and if you are not sure what to do, contact me at Site #386 the second road east of the Pavilion. Ask for John. Cell 415-306-3607 and we will find a home for you.

Civvy vehicles can go on the levee near the campground exit ramp. Just don't park in the tenant boat shed slots, river side. We don't want valuable levee parking taken up by trailer rigs, so please unhook and park the trailer in the trailer lot by the old guard shack as JoAnn said.

And no parking on the roads in front of campsites because they are fire lanes plus something wide might need to drive by.

Major Asstyrd

Added some activity updates to first post. Shaping up to be a memorable show, probably biggest yet if that's possible.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Me and a friend will be convoying up from socal on monday the 16th early in the morning about 5:00AM if anyone wants to convoy along with there military truck.. I'll be bringing my cucv M1009 with convoy lights and a M416 behind me

call me cell number is (626) 786- 0374

thanks William

Last edited:

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Me and a friend will be convoying up from socal on monday the 16th early in the morning about 5:00AM if anyone wants to convoy along with there military truck.. I'll be bringing my cucv M1009 with convoy lights and a M416 behind me

thanks William

Hope to see your truck at the event. I can't decide if I should bring my 416 or not. Got any pics of your rig to share with the class?

Major Asstyrd

thanks William
I will mention that to MVCC members on another forum. We have quite a few SoCal people in the club. Always nice to convoy since only the guy in back gets rear-ended!

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope to see your truck at the event. I can't decide if I should bring my 416 or not. Got any pics of your rig to share with the class?

Its a tan blazer :p with a Federal signal Jet Sonic light bar going to be amber lens driving up going to be red and blue at the event :p

goodguyzy

For what its worth next year Im hoping to join many of my fellow southern oregon military vehicle collectors club members and driving the 916 down, so I will have room for a couple of rigs on the back. So if you can make it to medford ill take you down from there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks