• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Delta at Tower Park April 2012 in CA

Wolfen

Thanks for the Offer goodguyzy. I might be able to Afford that next Year. Hopefully, I will have a Job then. If I'm Lucky, I'll get one of the Navy Jobs I Applied for in Washingon State.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys,

I'm gonna have a meet and greet on Saturday the 21st around noon for SS members.

Chili dogs with all the fixin's will be on the menu so come on over to cabin 230 for some eats and greets.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone from the Sacramento area going to this?? I'm up in the Placerville area and would like/want to get down there and see what all this is about~
I'm in winters/Dixon area. My buddy is in Vacaville he's not sure if he can make it.

Major Asstyrd

Anyone from the Sacramento area going to this?? I'm up in the Placerville area and would like/want to get down there and see what all this is about~
Sure, a bunch of people plus from the north and east. Why do you ask? I don't know how many are on SS. If you want to find MV owners who are near you, one way is to join the Military Vehicle Collectors of California because we produce a member directory every few years and give them to members. New one coming out this summer. You can join at the club info table right across from the Pavilion in Campground 4. In fact we are doing a member appreciation BBQ dinner on Thursday evening - no charge with the new MVCC membership card. Food available to purchase as well.

wsucougarx

Does anyone have pics? Planned on going this year but our unexpected but now expected pregnancy came up;-) My wife is in no mood for a road trip...don't blame her.

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really enjoyed the whole Tower Park event. But here is a list of things I will do different the next time I go to a MV rally.

1. Camp on site.
A. Hotels can be expensive.
B. Can't hang out with other MV owners.
C. Driving to and from simply stinks when your vehicle has illegal display stuff on it.
D. I would have had more frosty beverages available.

2. Probably will need a bigger trailer.
A. My M-416 looks cool but it won't hold enough STUFF!!!
B. An M-101a holds alot more and I can sleep in it.
1. Not supposed to pull an M-101a with an M1009.
2. Not sure I can climb the Grapevine pulling a heavier trailer.

3. Gotta have props. The vehicle just isn't enough.

4. Costume/Uniforms
A. Everyone who wore one looked great!!!.
B. Just seems like the thing to do.

5. Aux vehicle
A. A mechanical mule?
B. An ATV?
C. Perhaps one of those Airborne scooter bikes?

6. BRING MY WIFE ALONG.
A. She's understands my need to go play.
B. I love her. 'Nuff said.

It was supposed to be in an outline format. Darn it.

Attachments

Last edited:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first time camping there as well. I had a great time and met some really nice folks (Greasy, halftrackid, etc.) Here a few pics as well. BTW, chili dogs will be on the menu again next year!!! Be sure to come by for a plate full.

Here is a link to a video of Greasy driving his weasel.
WWII weasel driving around at tower park 2012 - YouTube

Attachments

Major Asstyrd

What's the Story on the Jeep with the rocket Launchers in Picure 5? I've never seen a Picture of a Jeep Modified like that.:popcorn:
I borrowed it from owner Joe Garbarino. He built it to copy a prototype built in 1943 by California Institute of Technology. They supposedly tested these in Italy. CIT did most of the U.S. research on rockets - barrage, air-to-ground, air-to-ship, etc. Lot's of different sizes and shapes. One feature not quite right on it but an interesting jeep for the Concours d'Eleguns.

Thanks to all who attended this meet and made it the biggest yet. We didn't think that was possible. Lots of effort made to bring MVs and many came from far away. This swap meet is the biggest in the West but it's the large MV showing that makes it real fun. We are going to start annual "Longest Distance Travelled in an MV" and "Hard Luck" awards. One man drove a command car from SoCal! In April 2013 we are featuring a USN & USMC vehicle showcase.

We do a similar swap meet the third full week of September. Not a lot of activities usually planned but it's up to you-all to cook things up and we will advertise them on the schedule. It's the second largest annual MV meet in the west. The good thing is campsites are always availalble for it. I will make a new post about this in a minute.