• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Delta at Tower Park April 2012 in CA

Major Asstyrd

Camp Delta at Tower Park 2012 is April 15-22 and is the largest annual military vehicle swap meet in the West. The Military Vehicle Collectors of California has been producing the big Spring Rally since 1977. It is the evolution of the Patterson and Big Bear events if you go back that far! This is a great buying & selling event with pro and amateur sellers enjoying no vendor fees except their paid campsite rental. No spectator admission or parking fees. 200+ MVs are expected with no registration fees! Marina, boat ramp, store, restaurant & bar, all on site. Hotels 6 miles away in Lodi.
Special activities this Spring are:
"Concours d'Eleguns Presented by Ron Fitzpatrick Jeep Parts" for MVs with G.I. mounted or towed ordnance. CASH People's Choice Prizes! Fri. 0800.

"Engineer & Work Trucks" for MVs not designed for hauling general cargo or personnel, Fri. 1300

"All IHC Motor Pool" for all International brand MVs, Saturday 1300 after the MVCC Membership Meeting at 1000.

"3rd US Artillery" Civil War display, Thurs-Fri. Mounted gun demo Thurs. 1500

"Madames Afternoon Social" for the ladies Friday 1400

"MVCC 35th Anniversary Member Appreciation BBQ Dinner," Thursday 1800, with current (numbered) membership card. Dinners also available for purchase

"BBQ Dinner" Friday followed by Raffle

"EMU-309 Huey Fly-in" Saturday 1230 tentative

"WWI & WWII Small Arms" Sat. 1300

See www.mvccnews.net in Events-April for all info including an Interractive Map showing who is camping where! Past photos archived on the Gallery page. Those without reservations must contact MVCCer JoAnn Lesser at mamalesser@yahoo.com -Do not contact KOA. There may be a wait list for numbered campsites. There is also a county campground 1/4 mile north of the Tower entrance - little known secret! Westgate Landing Park 209-953-8800. For activities info contact John Neuenburg at in_garage@hotmail.com.
Located at the Stockton Delta KOA on Hwy 12, 6 miles west of Lodi, CA.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

I'm requesting that week off next year! I am finally going to try and and make it;-). Hmm, I think I'll take two weeks off and make it a family vacation for Disneyland and say "Hey honey, you know there's a really good get together just up the road from us"...haha. I'm there;-)
Thinking this would be a good time to pick up a ring mount? More green radios and all the gear I can shove in my.....hmm, need to plan this portion out more.

Last edited:

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never been to this event. I'm planning on going but I'm not sure if I'm going to camp out or hotel it. My hope is to be up there Friday and Saturday and head home on Sunday. Any veterans of this event have some suggestions on making the most of the trip? Where to park my MV for display etc.?

TheRecorder

I've never been to this event. I'm planning on going but I'm not sure if I'm going to camp out or hotel it. My hope is to be up there Friday and Saturday and head home on Sunday. Any veterans of this event have some suggestions on making the most of the trip? Where to park my MV for display etc.?

Hey Mike,

Jon and I usually convoy up mid-week to camp there. I'm sure you could fit at our site. Convoy !!!???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWoWQBFfh80

Last edited:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got one of those small cabins reserved. I'll be there Thursday night leaving Sunday morning.

I plan on bringing down some stuff to sell/trade including 10 new 11.00X20 NDTs, a robo impact, a NOS green canvas cargo cover and end curtains for an M35, several antennas and bases...and the list goes on and on.

deuceaid

Banned
Jim,,,,how long (hours) of a convoy is it from Your place, or Jon`s place? I dont know if I would take the deuce or not, but was curious.

TheRecorder

Jim,,,,how long (hours) of a convoy is it from Your place, or Jon`s place? I dont know if I would take the deuce or not, but was curious.

Hey Jason,
Well, If I remember correctly, it was about 10 hours +/- in the Deuce. Maybe a little less. That is with about two stops.

Convoy!!!??? Take the Deuce !!!???

(p.s.) I still have your Chino Airshow DVD.

Last edited:

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My anniversary is on the 18th. So the earliest I can head out would be on the 19th. If I bring
"Tag Along" I'm going to load up some Hardigg cases to try and sell off.

Hey Jim, What day do you and John head home?

Major Asstyrd

I've got one of those small cabins reserved. I'll be there Thursday night leaving Sunday morning.

I plan on bringing down some stuff to sell/trade including 10 new 11.00X20 NDTs, a robo impact, a NOS green canvas cargo cover and end curtains for an M35, several antennas and bases...and the list goes on and on.
bigmike are you bringing your 741? We could park it and my 640 next to each other by the Pavilion for a while. A little Military Indian Recognition Display. Would be nice to find an 841 too.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bigmike are you bringing your 741? We could park it and my 640 next to each other by the Pavilion for a while. A little Military Indian Recognition Display. Would be nice to find an 841 too.
I will as long as I can secure it VERY WELL. I would freak out if anything happened to the bike. I will certainly bring it as long as I can secure it properly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks