• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Grayling Annual Fall Color Tour 9/25-9/27

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Camp Grayling Annual Fall Color Tour 9/25-9/27 Great Lakes MVPA / MMMT 17th Annual Camp Grayling Fall Color Tour

September 25 - 26 - 27, 2009

All Great Lakes MVPA members should have received the advance registration form in the newsletter.
This event is restricted to Great Lakes MVPA and Michigan Museum of Military Transport Foundation members. Advance registration's are due by 9-11-09. On site registration is $20 ( plus GLMVPA membership dues of $15 for non-members that would like to join in the fun.)

Base camp is at Wellington Farm Park on Military Rd.
There is a $2 per person, per night camping fee for primitive camping at the base camp.
Nearby Hotels, campgounds, along with state & federal forest lands.

Great Lakes MVPA membership applications can be found here

* Only vehicles of military origin will be allowed to participate in oranized events.

Look forward to seeing a lot of people that couldn't make it to Clare this year. It IS a family event.

One small request, though. Please make sure your vehicle is trail ready--lights, horn, steering, tires, engine, battery tiedowns, tranny, transfer, brakes all operational. While we are relatively famous for trail-side "field-expeident repair" seminars and have an unofficial "hood-up" award, the main intent is to spend as much time moving over as much trail as possible.

ida34

Again the U of M games ruin my fun. Can't attend again this year. Hopefully I can come next year along with my deuce and M151.

miltruckman

I'm trying to get the "bobbed deuce" ready for this years trail ride. It won't be finished, but should be togethor enough to take on the trails.

I had better get to work.

Can't wait,

Bill

opie65

We had a great time, but blew a duece on the way up. There were six in two vehicles, and we ended up late (~10:00), so there was nobody to check in with. The Cali guys had a good time, but had to be passengers. We chatted with the Canadians at the range and watched on as they shot M60 Target Tanks with 84s

Nothing like towing a Duece behind an Ammo Trailer behind a Duece. (Sucks actually, catching smoke, and sitting in the quiet.)

Here are a few on the "small truck" runs. The ones with the "mosque" are from a new training area replicating an Iraqi/Afghan village market. The line-up is at the fuel point. The trailer pics are of a 1945 all-aluminum trailer built by Higgins Industries of Higgins landing craft fame.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks