• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp Shelby, MS Loadout Assistance

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Csm Davis, Please help us out by finding someone in the area who can load a truck that does or does not roll onto a step deck trailer. (inexpensively) Thanks

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Csm Davis, Please help us out by finding someone in the area who can load a truck that does or does not roll onto a step deck trailer. (inexpensively) Thanks
That's a good point Sir:beer:...here's why.

You may get a quote from a shipper, even someone with landolls w/winch capabilities. Should be able to cage brakes and drag the beast right on board....BUT

It was stated in another thread that SOME of the brakes are locked down and won't cage...so...
That trucker is gonna get mad if not fore warned and paid extra for doing extra stuff.

Inexpensive is relative to what the trucker on the ground has to do to extract the vehicle.aua

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I picked up my M816 (wretched invention of the devil) from Shelby the Nat. Guard guys hooked to it with another wrecker and rolled it up on a stepdeck for me ( I was there picking up two deuces and was able to make sure the driver had assistance if needed).

At that time they would go the extra mile to assist buyers (and may still do so) but I'm sure the fact that I was there helped.

If you can't be there in person you need a pinch hitter to help you out......since Jeff (CSMDavis) is going to be working with the seller I'm sure he'll assist all he can.

ARYankee

When I picked up my M816 (wretched invention of the devil) from Shelby the Nat. Guard guys hooked to it with another wrecker and rolled it up on a stepdeck for me ( I was there picking up two deuces and was able to make sure the driver had assistance if needed).

At that time they would go the extra mile to assist buyers (and may still do so) but I'm sure the fact that I was there helped.

If you can't be there in person you need a pinch hitter to help you out......since Jeff (CSMDavis) is going to be working with the seller I'm sure he'll assist all he can.

That is why I started this thread. I sent CSMDavis a PM for possible assistance but haven't heard from him yet (he's probably busy) so I figured I would get a plan B, C, D, E...... I like to have things lined up so I am prepared. Plus this is my first rodeo with the shipping thing.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You or anyone else on here that wants loadout or inspection at camp shelby pm or call me at 601-264-3453
I doubt that I will ever buy anything from there Csm Davis, but stranger things have happened...and I want to thank you for your offer to help.

At one time we actually had a GL Rep on this site named Robin, but she got so much flack and "friendly fire" that she/they broke contact.

Just some friendly advise...as Wreckerman says... "No good deed goes unpunished".:beer:

ARYankee

You or anyone else on here that wants loadout or inspection at camp shelby pm or call me at 601-264-3453
I will more than likely take you up on that offer in the future. I appreciate it. It's great knowing there is some one out there willing to help.

Csm Davis

At one time we actually had a GL Rep on this site named Robin, but she got so much flack and "friendly fire" that she/they broke contact.

Just some friendly advise...as Wreckerman says... "No good deed goes unpunished".:beer:[/QUOTE]

Just to clear up a few misunderstandings I do not work for Govliquidation or the base I am a independent contractor who has been on and off this post since I was 14 years old so almost thirty years. I now have two young ladies that will be doing all the wrecker work, and have been for awhile, I will still be around but just to keep an eye on things.

iwo1945

When did you need it picked up? If you need it towed to a parking place. Call 817-995-9928 I'll contact Jeff, you can work tow out with him and we'll store it for you till you can pick it up. No charge on the 'parking'.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks