• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camping cover for the Deuce!! Homemade!

airmech3839

Here are some shots of my camoing set up I am going with till I can get some bows and a cargo cover...I set this up at home so 1. my son and his friends can use it for his sleepover birthday. 2. to try it out and have a reason to mess with the truck...hehehehehe.....:-D Well it should work great it has a clearance of at least 6 1/2' at peak. 4' on sides! parts cost about $100 bucks if all bought new. Let me know what ya'll think....I will have this at the GA rally!!! I have end curtians for both ends for weather and privacy!!

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
now all you need is a stove with stove pipe . sink.. shower,,, not ... that is all you need to keep you and yours high an dry.. i love camping... git - R -- done.... :-D

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Airmech, that is flat out slick. Very clever!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job!! I have a shop that would be your covers cousin! Way to use the head for something besides a hat rack!! (like me Pops used to tell me! LOL) Hope all is well!!
God bless,

Tony:-D

airmech3839

green tarp

I like it. If you could just find one of those tarps in green.

Harbor Frieght had one that was $30 MORE than the one I have on it! :-D

I did think about it really hard and had my hand on it but the penny pincher:twisted: in me said I could use that $30 somewhere else!!:x

But trust me I wanted it!!!

airmech3839

Great job!! I have a shop that would be your covers cousin! Way to use the head for something besides a hat rack!! (like me Pops used to tell me! LOL) Hope all is well!!
God bless,
Tony:-D
All is well Tony! job is slowing down and I turned down a chance to go to Springfield for 2 weeks... but I am home for my sons B-day and that is worth more than money!!

Tracy

airmech3839

Update....It is sleepover night and 7 boys are in the back of the deuce watching a movie and laying out on sleeping bags and the bottom just fell out and they are not even phased!! Except they can't here the movie over the rain hitting the tarp and the thunder!! They are have fun and playing with glow sticks and mints that pop green in your mouth!!

airmech3839

Here are some shots of the group!! They were up till 0430:twisted: when I heard them running around the front yard yelling in the dark!!! Neighbors are probably gonna have all the dogs crap in my yard now!!! lol

So I woke them up at 0645 just to get them back!!:twisted: had to get them ready for church anyway!!!

Tracy

Attachments