• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can’t hear Fuel Pump but still starts

Dasgog

Hello

Over 2 years ago I replaced my fuel tank and pump and sending unit etc…. Since then, and before, when I would turn the accessories switch on I’d hear the fuel pump sending its liquid. I waited a few then started it. Today, everything turns on, lights etc and Deuce starts up. Is this good or bad? I didn’t drive it, and I just running on remaining fuel in fuel filter reservoirs? I don’t know what to do.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
But but but how’s it get the fuel?! I assume it is being sucked by the IP?
Yes. I just gutted the pump and ran a straight suction line.

Might take It a few more spins to start but as long as your fuel system is in good working order its not an issue

rustystud

In a good tight fuel system, you can get away from the in-tank fuel pump. But ! if anything compromises it you will have a no start. The pump in the injection pump is not strong enough to pull fuel that far if there is any small leak which would cause the system to suck air.
Check your fuel pump fuse first, then go dig further in if need be to find the problem. If you never drive your truck past your block then don't worry about it, but if you do you don't want to be side-lined on the road somewhere in the boonies wondering why you have no fuel.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
And, it will really make it hard to start after a fuel filter change.............don't ask me how I know.
Just drill and tap a Schrader valve into the fuel cap so you can use air to pressurize it to force fuel up.

Or just take the vent line off and add air there.

Alot cheaper than what they want for in tank fuel pumps.

davidb56

30$ and 30 minutes to install a 24vdc inline electric pump on top of the fuel tank cutting in right where the old discharge line is and splicing the wires to the old power supply for the in tank pump. you dont even have to remove the old pump on mess with it. Ive done it to mine a few years ago. As Simp said, it isnt needed, since mine was tits up for about a year until I added the other one on.

HDN

The M35A3 doesn't even have an in-tank pump, just the IP sucking fuel into the motor. After doing the fuel filter on my truck it took me 10-15 minutes of the engine cranking procedure in the TM to get the motor primed and running. It probably took me that long because I was babying it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks