• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can a deuce ever be very reliable?

onemanarmy

I told the lady at AAA what kind of truck it and how many tires it is and how much it weighs. She said as long as its less than 26k im good to go. Im holding her to that. I did get the RV policy which cost a little more.
I also inquired with AAA, and they said unless it was tried and true RV (with me adding on the RV coverage), they wouldn't tow it.

I then said, what if it IS an RV (I have a 109 and could convince some people), and even then the person on the phone said that it was up to the tow truck driver once they got to the scene.

Didn't sound promising.

I have found one place that offers towing coverage, and it's $400 a year for a 25 mile tow.

teletech

I have found one place that offers towing coverage, and it's $400 a year for a 25 mile tow.
Unless you plan to break down more than once a year, that sounds like a pretty lousy rate. I had a heavy-truck recovery vehicle come to my shop to move some armor and it was something like $175/hr. Since I'm in California, I just assume that's a high number.

DavidWymore

The way to own a deuce is to have the knowledge and facilities/other trucks to repair and move them yourself...or buddies with them. ;-) If you have those, you're good to go, if you don't, it can be expensive. I see guys who store their XXX miles away and have to pay others to store/move/work on them and I don't see it being worth it.

71DeuceAK

This is so true! It definitely pays to have other MV owning friends. Especially when you're a newbie/idiot like I happen to be, having others as mentors can be really handy!

rustystud

This is so true! It definitely pays to have other MV owning friends. Especially when you're a newbie/idiot like I happen to be, having others as mentors can be really handy!
That's what makes this site stand-out. The willingness of the old members to help out the newer members with their problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks