• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can a f250 pull a stuck m35 deuce and a half out?

supeman100

can a 6.4 liter F250 diesel pull out a deuce by itself? the towing capacity of it is rated 12000LBS. I don't want to spend 5 grand on a winch for my m35a3 if all possible.
what do you use?

ke5eua

How stuck are we talking here?

Years back we pulled a tanker (fire truck) out of a man made mud hole with a motor home, so anything is possible. I've seen a dodge 1500 pull a pumper unit out of a hole using the winch on the 1500.

It all boils down to how stuck it is. Last month I got my F250 gaser stuck in my front yard, wife pulled me out with the mini van. Basically just needed a little tug.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets see...a Ford driveline/tranny/bumper repair vs. a winch....hmmmm :cookoo:
Personally, I don't go into tricky territory unless I have someone with a truck "at least" as big as mine.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i would say NO.. my wrecker was stuck and my duece couldnt pull it out so i would save the drive train on the truck and call for a bigger truck

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
General rule for recovery winches is 1.5 times the weight of the vehicle. If you throw a snatch block on it you can fudge it a little.

Note that the standard PTO winch on the deuce is 10k lbs and the standard 5ton winch is 20k lbs, making them both a bit light.

PM sent.

ke5eua

I do agree with the others, I was just giving some examples. Basically in a pinch and you only have whats available. Snatch blocks are great, especially if you can tie off on a big tree and use it as leverage using a couple snatch blocks so the towing vehicle isn't taking the brunt of the weight.

The towing manual is a great place to start.

Using enough snatch blocks you can pull a dug in 998 out of sand with a squad of young privates, and Mike Rowe.

Rusty Nut

We are going to need some pics here. nopics

I reserve judgement until I see how stuck. Lower the tire air pressure. straighten the wheels.

Remember the cardinal rule: It is much easier to get a running truck unstuck than a broken one.

Artisan

You need to post up pics to get some honest input my friend.

If you have not aired down the tirs to maybe 15 LBS each you might want to try
that but again, PICTURES are required here.

Ragnarok

So for all intensive purposes, you have a 6.5-7 ton truck buried to the frame in mud with a F250 as plan "A"... Well I am no expert but boy you better bring a tow truck rated to haul at least a class 6 truck, a shovel or two, and a case of beer to pay off a few friends to help you dig out the tires a bit.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCN0767.jpgThe KEY is to UN-bury the truck. Bottle jacks, cribbing, and plywood or planks are essetial. I buried this tractor and drove it out, a bobcat could barely get to me, and did nothing when trying to pull. It took me about 2 hours just by myself to get it out. Jack the truck up as much as you can. If you have gravel, sand, or dry dirt to fill in the holes as you jack it up in helps greatly. Then put some plywood or wide planks under the tires, it may take a couple of layers. If you can get 1 1/2" of plywood under it, that should be enough to spread the weight, it doesn't matter too much about the thickness of the individual sheets. Once you get it up high enough that it's not "buried", the F250 can ASSIST the deuce out. Once you start, don't stop until you're on solid ground.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks