• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can any of you Guru’s can identify this brake hub?

marand9199

This is on a 1984 M1009.
Are these the stock M1009 brake drums? I can’t find any way to get to the adjuster screw assembly on these drums to back off the brake shoes. There is usually a slot cut into the back support plate or the drum itself for access. These don’t have either.
I’ve done brake jobs before but, I down loaded the TM anyway, just in case. First step in the TM is to back off adjuster screw.

Any ideas guys?

IMG_3238 (1).jpgIMG_3240 (1).jpgIMG_3241.jpg

HAWKMAN

Drum looks 'stock' to me.Backing plate should have a stamped area that you'd punch-out to gain access to adjuster...I can't tell if there is one there that is covered by paint/rust/grease or just not there but should be...if not you may have to make a 'field modification' to backing plate.2cents

marand9199

Thanks HAWKMAN, If you look at the first picture at about the 9:30 position there is what looks like an oval plug but it is made of the same material as the drum. Do you think this is what has to be knocked out? I didn't see anything on the support plate.