• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone help me ID this trailer?

BostonFJ40

I came across this trailer for a very good price, but I am trying to figure out what it is exactly. In the back it has folding troop seats and inside the tailgate it has a fold down step. Also the front has a folding tailgate as well as the rear. I searched on line and I cannot find another one with this wide of a track or with the angled fenders. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never seen anything like that before. The fenders look like they were added as an after-thought, not like original design. Are your sure this is a military trailer, and not something just cobbled together from parts, or a civvy trailer kinda "militarized" up a little bit?

BostonFJ40

In person, it does not looked pieced together. It even has 4 folding military cots in the back. The previous owner was a collector of military trucks and trailers. He died and everything was sold or scrapped. This is the last thing left.

Also, the only marking I could find was "M103" stenciled in white on the tailgate.

Mike_Pop

It doesn't look US. 5 lugs?

What do the tail lights look like? What do the reflectors look like?

Very nice find!

DavidB

Use it like you only paid $200.00 and enjoy your good fortune .Side boards with seats in a trailer say it is built up from a multinational parts source.Very hard even for all the experts here to choose what it may be.
DavidB

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This sorta has the same idea as the M104 trailer, which was essentially a M105 1-1/2-ton trailer that had the front tailgate as well as rear, to allow the carrying of longer items if need be. Wherever this trailer came from, the builders wanted that option as well.

txdodge43man

It looks like a m101 3/4 ton trailer frame with a custom bed on it. I dont think that the army bought trailers with dimond plate and the size of the hinges on that tail gate says custom to me. Are those combat rims off a Dodge WC?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks