• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can anyone ID this trailer?

tbone1004

Appears to be a G-518 Ben Hur, but looks too short. Kudos to anyone who can come up with the answer, because I sure don't have one. Trying to figure out if it's worth a 2 hour trek to go pick it up and how I might go about getting the tired replaced since I have lots of budd rims laying around a few modern jeep rims but no 6 bolts...

trailer2.jpgtrailer3.jpgtrailer1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tbone1004

I'm not entirely sure it's an actual Ben Hur though. It has the wrong wheels, wrong tires, not that that means much but the wheels mean a whole lot, and it is sitting way too low to the ground to be a 518

3dAngus

That trailer will be well worth the drive, believe me.

If the bed is not all eaten up with rust holes, it might be worth $400-500, depending on the condition of the tailgate.

tbone1004

Updated the first post with links to pictures on my photobucket instead of craigslist. Had the lunette removed, and the bed looks pretty rusty on the bottom... Also thought the 518's had boxed frames starting about 6 inches behind the lunette similar to the 3/4 tons. Thinking this may a civvy version

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Added the pictures to your post. We like to host pictures here instead of other photo servers. Pictures get deleted, people move on, etc and then a thread becomes usless.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a Ben Hur. Somewhere along the line it was re-axled. Drawbar looks pretty mangled. If the box is rusted out, skip it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks