• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone identify this 4 cyl diesel motor?

Gary Gable

Sorry, but not much more info

Any other info?
I can say for 100% certainty it's mated to an Allison 1000SP. I can say doesn't look like a Cummins, Perkins, Cat, Isuzu, Mitusubishi, or Kubota. It's got a Bosch injection pump. The case has both stamped in and cast in numbers; The stamped in read MNE006596Y, and the cast in read 1101322 and also have 5090 cast in just below. I can say I believe it had some application in some US military vehicle, though that vehicle was probably not one of the well known vehicles that have forums devoted to them. I can say it definitely looks water cooled.

That's about it. I wish I knew more, but the seller cannot provide any more than pictures.

Thanks,

Gary

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The seller can't take a picture of the data plate? Oh wait, now I see why.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure of the model.The engine in the pictures seem to be an older style that are not computer controlled. We had a customer that had one of these in a truck. The truck was falling apart, but the engine still ran strong up until the day they junked it. They never even opened the valve covers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks