• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone identify this gen panel?

Titanium-Wolverine

What generator is this for?

I bought this off ebay for the hour meter, and the voltage adjust (that leaves me only needing the master switch to buy now):beer:

I want to resell this on ebay, but I dont know what model it is for.....

also off subject, but can someone plese explain how to post in classifieds, I can not get any option to POST or list,,,,just view
thanks
Brent

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How was it listed on e bay, when you bought it?

You need 100 useful posts, to be able to use the Classifieds on SS.

Reread the site rules, you must have brushed past that one.

Titanium-Wolverine

it was listed as generator controls,,,I bought it and some jerry can holders from a lady in SC for $60 bucks for all of it. I asked her what it came off of and she said she had no idea, it was some of her husbands old stuff she was just getting rid of.

I guess I did miss that part of the rules (no wonder I cant find it...lol)

I found that when I search ebay for something like mep-002 master switch, I get more sesults if I do alot of searches like this:
army generator
military generator
army desiel
military contols
army contols

people list this stuff under what they would call it, not what the specific name is.:beer:

some times you can find stuff hidden in the crackes that way!

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, yes you do.

I'm not here to babysit.

Titanium-Wolverine

It was a simple question, you did not have to answer :|

It is hard to remember every set of rules for evey little forum out there,,,,it was an honest question. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, and figured I would ask, before I spent half an hour reading though the forum list, FAQ, rules, quick links or where THAT answere might have been. Could have been a technical question,,,**** I did not know.

But thanks for your great kindness you show!:|

back to my question.

Can anyone identify the gen panel?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a simple question, you did not have to answer :neutral:
Actually, yes I do, it's my job.

Isaac-1

So Doghead, does this count as a useful post?

Based on the style I guess it might be off of a 15+KW MEP series generator (MEP-004 -MEP-007), or possibly a 1960's /1970's Air Force MB series generator. I doubt it is much older than that since it has a needle style frequency meter not a vibrating reed meter.

Ike

PeterD

Not anything I've seen, and not for the predecessor to the MEP-004 (I've a panel off it). Looks like an odd-ball one to me, the analog frequency meter says "later than the '60s" but that's a very rough estimation, I've seen analog meters on much older stuff, and non-analog on later ones.

Were I to list this on eBay I'd simply say "Generator control panel, ex-military, do not have any further information."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks