• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone identify this gen panel?

Titanium-Wolverine

What generator is this for?

I bought this off ebay for the hour meter, and the voltage adjust (that leaves me only needing the master switch to buy now):beer:

I want to resell this on ebay, but I dont know what model it is for.....

also off subject, but can someone plese explain how to post in classifieds, I can not get any option to POST or list,,,,just view
thanks
Brent

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How was it listed on e bay, when you bought it?

You need 100 useful posts, to be able to use the Classifieds on SS.

Reread the site rules, you must have brushed past that one.

Titanium-Wolverine

it was listed as generator controls,,,I bought it and some jerry can holders from a lady in SC for $60 bucks for all of it. I asked her what it came off of and she said she had no idea, it was some of her husbands old stuff she was just getting rid of.

I guess I did miss that part of the rules (no wonder I cant find it...lol)

I found that when I search ebay for something like mep-002 master switch, I get more sesults if I do alot of searches like this:
army generator
military generator
army desiel
military contols
army contols

people list this stuff under what they would call it, not what the specific name is.:beer:

some times you can find stuff hidden in the crackes that way!

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, yes you do.

I'm not here to babysit.

Titanium-Wolverine

It was a simple question, you did not have to answer :|

It is hard to remember every set of rules for evey little forum out there,,,,it was an honest question. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, and figured I would ask, before I spent half an hour reading though the forum list, FAQ, rules, quick links or where THAT answere might have been. Could have been a technical question,,,**** I did not know.

But thanks for your great kindness you show!:|

back to my question.

Can anyone identify the gen panel?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a simple question, you did not have to answer :neutral:
Actually, yes I do, it's my job.

Isaac-1

So Doghead, does this count as a useful post?

Based on the style I guess it might be off of a 15+KW MEP series generator (MEP-004 -MEP-007), or possibly a 1960's /1970's Air Force MB series generator. I doubt it is much older than that since it has a needle style frequency meter not a vibrating reed meter.

Ike

PeterD

Not anything I've seen, and not for the predecessor to the MEP-004 (I've a panel off it). Looks like an odd-ball one to me, the analog frequency meter says "later than the '60s" but that's a very rough estimation, I've seen analog meters on much older stuff, and non-analog on later ones.

Were I to list this on eBay I'd simply say "Generator control panel, ex-military, do not have any further information."