• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone recommend me a mechanic in Dallas area that works on M1009's?

eastTXhunter

If anyone knows someone who is reasonable it would be greatly appreciated. I am teetering on the bitter end with my new M1009. I have done everything I can its still got a few bugs. I would rather pay from this point out.

Thanks for your time.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact me. Bring the M1009 down to my place in Keller and you can compare yours to mine. Other than needing a brake job, mine is working fairly well.

I would be glad to help you trouble shoot your vehicle. We also have a couple more CUCV owners in the club. We could all help. Drop me email and let's get your MV on the road in style.

jim

Last edited:

eastTXhunter

Awesome man!!! I really appreciate it greatly. I can't drive it very far right now, but hopefully will be able to soon. I want to join a club for sure.

Its cutting out on me pretty bad, I think I made an error and replaced the fuel filter before I got the bad/old diesel out of the tank. Gonna try a fresh filter in it today and hopefully I will at least have her mobil again.

combatmech

+1 for Jim's place. My place would be an option as well. I'm working a hard starting issue at the moment. She never minded the cold up until recently....
PM sent....

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M,

I have a military tow bar and IF NECESSARY, we can drag it over to my place to work on it. I have enough extra room for another Blazer, as long as it doesn't stay here forever.

Plus, according to B, it sounds like your IP is going bad. IF that's the case, contact these guys.

http://www.usdiesel.com/dieselinjection.htm

They are in NW Ft Worth area. I have recommended them before to a couple of different people and they were VERY pleased with the results. Cost will be about $550 (ish) and you and I and B can do the work here. We could probably even get one or two OTHER members to come out to work with us. We could just call it a 'work day' and invite the whole club over.

Let me know. Shoot me an email and we can exchange info.

eastTXhunter

Wow! Thanks alot! I am feeling alot better now, lol. I will email you for sure, I greatly appreciate it.

One member offered to come by today, will see if he can make it.

He thinks its possible my fuel pump is going out or is out. When I try to bleed my fuel system now, diesel just barely comes out. I bought an electric fuel pump I may attempt to install, hopefully the guy coming by might be able to give me some pointers on doing it. I am gonna email you regardless though, I would like to join the club.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks