• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone tell if this is a CUCV engine?

ABN173

check all the paper scraps/tickets/labels etc.....I bought two 6.2L's from GL that turned out to be 6.5's. You can use a 6.5L in a cucv but your going to have to swap some things like the exhaust manifold etc

I would love to pick up a turbo 6.5 to drop into my M1009. So far I have had no luck with the auctions. Doesn't help that most of them are 700+ miles away. Most of what's coming out looks like 6.2s and NA 6.5s from early-generation HMMWVs. Still useful for parts if your CUCV engine dies, or as a largely identical drop-in replacement.

ranchhopper

Those turbo charged hummer engines will not fit in a CUCV unless you do a lot of cutting on the firewall there is no room for the turbo and exhaust in a stock truck.

67_C-30

I put a HMMWV takeout in my '67 C-30 dually. I turbocharged it with 6.5TD stuff from a '93 C2500. My point is, pretty much everything is interchangeable.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXhvZP9wryk[/media]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
67 C-30, thats really cool. Tell me about the air intake on top of the intake manifold. Is that stock for 1993? My 94 had completely different stuff. Man, I need to start hitting the pick a part yards.

67_C-30

67 C-30, thats really cool. Tell me about the air intake on top of the intake manifold. Is that stock for 1993? My 94 had completely different stuff. Man, I need to start hitting the pick a part yards.

No, that is a totally custom peice. It's actually a '70 Porsche air cleaner that I cut and welded the bottom of the stock 6.2 air cleaner base to fit the intake. The Porsche air cleaner had a 2.5" inlet, and I thought it would look cool. You can use a '93 - '99 6.5TD intake on a 6.2, I just wanted the engine to look older. I'm building a phantom '67 C-30 dually diesel pickup. Even though the 6.2 didn't exist then, I painted it Detroit Diesel Alpine Green because it was the color Detroit was using in 1967. I cut down stepside fenders to create the dually flares. The turbo'd 6.2 bolted to a NP435 transmission and a 14 bolt rearend from a '97 C3500. All it needs now is paint and the have interior finished. Its an odd bird, but I love it!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a way cool ride and the air intake is exactly what I'd like to do when I do the turbo on my Oh-8. Now I really need to hit the pick-a-part place. I have the factory 6.5 stuff but doubt that I'll use it now looking at your setup.