• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can anyone tell what tank this is

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looks like a Tiger to me......?

Ok, I watched "Kelly's Heroes" to many times......

Last edited:

Adamlee

Tank? M26 Pershing

its a small pic and this is the only one he had. i have a chance to purchase but i would like to know what it is b4 i go there. thanks, rob
Judging by the exhaust and mantlet, it looks like an M26 Pershing. I couldn't open the pic, it was truly tiny!

If the exhaust was on the sidesi t would be an M46 or M47. Just what I interpret from the tiny pic...

let us know if you don't buy - an M26 for sale is a rare thing, indeed!

rtjraleigh

Banned
thanks dittle. craigslist scammers. this one actually emails back. probibly rounds up deposits and then splits. said it was in NC. thats why i cam here first. thanks again.

dittle

Not a problem. Let me know if you have any more questions about it. My bet is a scam but if you want I can ask the museum director if he has heard anything about this leaving our inventory.

dittle

It looks like its trashed so scammers think they can get away with it. The red is actually a primer that we've sprayed it with. The tank is in very good shape actually. Better than some things that I've seen restored before.

rtjraleigh

Banned
oh yeah, said it was his brothers and its been there along time. hell, i couldnt afford that anyways. if i cant drive it then its worthless anyways. i think i had too much turkey and my brain wasnt workn right. allright now lets let this thread die.:oops:

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
This may well be one of the stupidist scammers of all time. If we only knew who to contact, this ol'boy is trying to sell property of the Federal Government, I'd suspect that carries a pretty hefty penalty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks