• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can-Back on my M1008

gocmndo

This summer was great with the shell off and the cage finally installed. The kids loved riding in the back and the week long Scout trip in the Uintas was great. But I knew next spring I wanted to get a soft top that I could roll up the sides when the family goes to Moab.
Well I came across a deal from Craigs list out of California and couldn't pass it up. The soft top is really tight when snapped down and the frame structure is very solid. I don't want to say I have really big blind spots now, but I almost backed into my house :oops:

The rack on top is great and an absolute necessity when I don't have the trailer behind.

Attachments

Elwenil

I loved the Canback idea but about had a heart attack when I saw the prices. I made my own out of surplus canvas for cheap which turned out a lot better for my bob'd bed on my W100.

86M10086.2L

I'd love to get one of those for my truck, but they don't fit over the trrop seats and the roof line is too low to fit my snowmobile in the bed. I really like the safari rack over the bed. I want to put one over the cab but I haven't found an option other than drilling holes in the roof. Right now I'm trying to locate a military top setup that I will use as my shelter/tent and later on down the road, have a custom cover made for it that I can roll the sides up like yours.

gocmndo

AJMBLAZER said:
Nice. Always wanted one of those but like mentioned before could never afford one.
I have to agree with that.
If were to buy the canvas shell with the spreader bars and rack it would be right at $2,000 :roll:
But at $550 delivered to my house, I can swing that!!

AJMBLAZER

Yeah, years ago I had a '99 Ram 1500 shortbed 4x4. They ran some ad about a sale they had (I think right before they closed up shop) and I called...$1600 in 2003! :eek: :shock:

gocmndo

underdog said:
Exhaust fumes and children = ?
Really have not had any complaints, they just sleep whenever they're back there....

I have asked the kids and and had some adults ride back there and have not had any exhaust issues.

HAWKMAN

In your third pic that's an interesting "landing leg" for your trailer,never saw one quite like that did you make that custom or is it US Millspec? :lol: nice rig by the way!!

gocmndo

HAWKMAN said:
In your third pic that's an interesting "landing leg" for your trailer,never saw one quite like that did you make that custom or is it US Millspec? :lol: nice rig by the way!!
All custom :lol: You should see that mokey scale the back of that truck to get in!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks