• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can Hummer H2 wheels be mounted on hmmwv m998?

orgnal

Can hummer h2 17 inch - 8 bolt pattern alloy wheels be mounted on HMMWV m998 ? Looks like the bolt pattern is the same. Thanks in advance.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Pattern is the same, wheel thickness (for studs) is much thicker on the H2's. And the backspacing is all off/wrong. It might work, but it won't be right.

KansasBobcat

With all the cheap, real HMMWV wheels and tires available why would you want to do this. Just asking...$175.00 for new radials with runflats seems like a bargain to me. I'm not selling them so just curious.

my69camaro

Yes they work, you must machine out the centers ever so slightly. They stick out slightly more so you must be mindful of body contact. Upside is they are cheap, weigh much less and open up a larger portion of tire availability being they are 17in rims.

joelowe

Stevepsc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 8 almost new goodyear oz mounted on 12 bolt rims I am looking to get rid of. PM me if interested. These tires are so new they have the little rubber feelers on them. One set came with my 1038 from gp and the rims are black. I bought the other set from Demil facility in Wilmington NC and are on tan rims. I bought a set of the new Kevlar walled goodyears from the same place on 24 bolt rims. So I have way too many tires.

Jonesy

I'm considering it. Or just finding replacement wheels in general.

The runflat wobble is the bane of my existence.

Going to try the centramatic wheel balancers, and then I'm gonna be shopping for new wheels if that doesn't work.

richingalveston

get rid of the run flats and keep the hummer rims and tires. use pvc sleeves so you still get double bead lock. run flats are useless unless you are actually going into combat. They will ruin any tire if you run on them very long.

centramatics probably wont fix it completely, will help but it is really a mask to the problem.

I have centramatics and love them but I don't think they will completely fix your problem. the run flats are just to heavy and normally way out of balance for a street rig. I know they make them for H2 but not sure about HMMWV. below are the centramatics for the dana 60.

IMG_1521.jpgIMG_1522.jpgIMG_1523.jpgIMG_1513.jpg

Jonesy

I'm of two minds on the subject of keeping the runflats.

I'm not in combat, but I do use the truck for airsoft events, forty hour scenarios and what not. More than once now I've been saved by the runflats after picking up screws, a discarded ammunition casing, and once- a very gnarly thorn.

On the other hand, road performance is less than stellar, and just today I found a weird bald spot on my right rear that I believe is a result of the poor balance.

Realistically, I should run the runflats for events, and a set without for the days and weeks in between.

Thanks for the tips on the centramatics. I'm not expectimg them to be a magic bullet, but it's nice to know they'll do SOMETHING.

fllaw1

My 2 cents, I have both vehicles and I think the H2 wheels look more rugged without the center caps on. I would never put them on a Humvee. I like the wheels Arnold has on his here in the photo. Arnold.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks