• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I borrow a tool?

pwrwagonfire

I am in need of a specific tool for my M-37. The technical manual for the truck refers to this wrench as 41-W-1991-17

It is used to remove the hub bearing adjusting nut. If any of you would be kind enough to let me borrow it, I will pay shipping both ways!

I can promise that I will not disappear with your tool, or keep it.
If it helps, I am an eagle scout and dedicated public servant, and will provide phone numbers where I can 100% guaranteed be reached at.

Thanks to any replies in advance!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you talking about the 8 point socket used for removing the hub? It's like 2 5/8 or so sized IIRC? I just went to the local auto parts store and ordered it. Had it the next day for about $20.

pwrwagonfire

I'm pretty sure I have what you need, I purchased it a few years ago just in case I ever get a M37. I'm in RI exit 8 off 95.

If you would be willing to let me borrow it, I'd rather do that then order one at a store! Would I be able to use it for a month or so? If that's a yes...I can come down tomorrow, or early this week to pick it up if that would be ok!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just have to ask, why not pay 15-25 dollars and have the tool after it's done? Just curious.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just have to ask, why not pay 15-25 dollars and have the tool after it's done? Just curious.
:ditto:I can see a one off thing. But you will burn that in fuel going to get it. Chances are, if you own the truck, you will need it again.

Not baggin' on ya, just curious.

m376x6

I'm trying to remember who used to sell them all the time on ebay. They usually went for around 9 or 10 dollars. I keep a spare just in case one gets borrowed permanently, I misplace it, or it gets broke somehow.

Had this huge old large wrench that I figured I'd never use. turns out I drilled two holes in it to match the holes on the pinion flanges. Now when I need to remove a flange to change out a pinion seal or work on a diff I just stick this wrench on with two bolts and it rests against the concrete floor and helps when I break the pinion nut and when I need to torque it back down.

pwrwagonfire

:ditto:I can see a one off thing. But you will burn that in fuel going to get it. Chances are, if you own the truck, you will need it again.

Not baggin' on ya, just curious.
Understandable question

Unfortunately, I have already spent the $$$ I alotted to this project on bearing grease and flange gaskets, and am a college student working a seasonal job trying to save enough to support myself over the winter. Thanks to everyone for the replies!

ralbelt- thanks a million! Got home no problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks