• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I burn Amsoil in my multi?

Pawnshop

I have a source for some WMO that has Amsoil and used ATF in it that I plan to use 50/50 w/diesel, any reason not to?? This batch is not 100% Amsoil but does have a lot in it. Can I burn straight Amsoil in a 50/50 dilution if the situation arises?

I tried the search and found out that "synthetic" oils are considered OK due to the high amount of petroleum in them, but Amsoil is truly synthetic, as I understand it.

thanks
Sam

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Good question as Amsoil is as you say the only true synthetic oil out there anymore. I suspect it will be just fine though. Perhaps contact Amsoil for a MSDS sheet on their product, and contact a regular oil company for their MSDS on their oil I make a bet as long as the ingnition temperature is similar then it would work just as well. Real synthetic is afterall made to be similar to oil, but to perform better.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Can I burn Amsoil in my multi?

It has been a bit since I read this, but as I remember it the government changed the definition of synthetic oil years back. Originally synthetic meant that the oil was made in a lab for jet plane use, and was not from crude as I understand it. The definition was changed to cover oil that was derived from crude, but had been modified as CC said so that all the molecules were of the desired type to maximize it benifits in an engine. I have never heard if it matters at all if it is a true synthetic vs. the newer stuff. I doubt it does for our uses and I am sure is benificial.

SrIrie

I run Amsoil in almost all my vehicles and when drained it goes in the M35 just like any other oil I run in it. Also I sell Amsoil so I went and dug through all the paper work they send you and found the MSDS sheets and it says the flash point is 439° to 479° depending on the weight and kind of Amsoil. Regular oil being around 200° so the way I see it, it should burn with no problems combustion chamber temps are way over that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks