• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I post this here??

Nick

Sure, I just came on duty today, when I get off Friday or Saturday Ill take a few. Not too impressive, flathead six, and a little dusty Poor girl doesn't fit in my garage so she's gotta sit outside in the driveway. But yeah, no problem. Happy to

Another Ahab

Sure, I just came on duty today, when I get off Friday or Saturday Ill take a few. Not too impressive, flathead six, and a little dusty Poor girl doesn't fit in my garage so she's gotta sit outside in the driveway. But yeah, no problem. Happy to
THAT'S (understandably) not impressive to everybody, but I haven't seen one in a long while:

- It's comparable to a bird watcher seeing an Ivory-Billed Woodpecker; a rare bird.

All just a matter of perspective I guess, right?

Nick

ha ha ha, I guess I can't argue with that! But then Im critical of my truck cuz I know all its flaws. Like I coulda done a better job painting the motor, etc. But Im still proud of it.
Pics of the motor to follow. In the mean time, look here on page 5 and 6 of the motor after I had to pul it back out of the truck cuz the rebuilder did a worse job painting it. He painted it, and it started rusting, so i pulled it out and re painted it. Unfortunately I didn't do a top job, and the silver paint I did it with is somewhat wearing off and in spots you can see the rusty metal primer color showing thru

http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/Captain4164/library/1948 B1Power Wagon?sort=6&page=5

But I continually say, I didn't want a PERFECT restoration. I wanted a realistic representation of what the truck would have been in the time it was used, a work truck, with a few dents and dings, oil leaks and character.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks