• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I revisit wet stacking?

Guyfang

Staff member
I talked to people who ran gen sets down range just like we did on the missile site here. Start it. Turn on the load. Run it till it stops. Fix/or switch over to another. 99% of the time, when it stopped, it was ANYTHING, but wet stacking. You are NEVER going to see something like this one pictured above.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The enclosure and relay area is super clean on this one... some missing paint on the engine, but otherwise real clean. So clearly this thing was somewhere nice, run like a creampuff. I hope it runs when Im done, instead of having to go back in because a valve is hung up with garbage.

Summerpaws

Sorry to derail your thread
No worries! It's related to wet stacking...even if it's extreme...and it seems to me to be a pretty popular subject. Since I joined this forum, I've been picking through the generator section and am on page 250 or so. Wet stacking, fuel pumps, wiring to house seem to be very popular subjects so, in my opinion, it can't hurt. Please, keep them coming. I am still drinking up the knowledge on this forum and I'm sure others are too.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
this is a 30kw 005a that was locked up from wet stacking, it lives still in Montana on an off grid ranch. if it were built by man it can be fixed with enough parts patience and time.

Summerpaws

this is a 30kw 005a that was locked up from wet stacking, it lives still in Montana on an off grid ranch. if it were built by man it can be fixed with enough parts patience and time.

You have to wonder what the situation was for this generator for it to get so bad. Amazing stuff. At work, we had a Wall of Shame where interesting failures were displayed. In the 32 years I worked there the wall grew from a 10 foot square to a 30X20 area. We had everything from a tube failure from a boiler to a split piston on one of the D399's to an extruder screw that ate a mechanics wrench. I proposed a section of the wall where we could display pictures of the stuff we managed to fix....against all odds. Never happened but the pictures you guys have shown would have been the types of pictures I wanted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks