• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I run tires without the runflats and PVC inserts?

tobyS

The guys at tire shops have a tank that has a ball valve and nozzle, putting a bunch of pressure into the tank and then releasing it in big volume inside the tire. It's a bit safer than either or hair spray....still a violent event.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats the joy of 16.5’s. If you have a really good air source, soap the beads, use a lock on chuck with the valve core removed, and another air hose with a wide-open nozzle and blow air in the bead.

tobyS

A potato gun would work pretty well, without the potato.

NO, NO....I'm not recommending that. I was just thinking about the force from the air tank and it seemed about the same force as a potato gun.

Last edited:

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
You can run them with other rims that are not bead lock.

Example... My ride...

I don’t air down lower then 20 psi on the trails
Real bad idea without the runflat or PVC bead lock sleeves. Not enough lip & wrong angles. Dangerous just thinking abort it IMO.

Stock military rims not called bead lock for nothing, CAMO

2INSANE

I’ve been running Military Oz 37/12.5/r16.5 on Raceline Comet rims for over 10 years on every type of terrain possible and never threw a bead. No inserts or run flats.

The rims are 10” wide. Have to use a cheetah to set the bead on the rims. Once set, they never come off except when I blow a sidewall on a sharp rock or wear the traction down to nothing.

Attachments

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve been running Military Oz 37/12.5/r16.5 on Raceline Comet rims for over 10 years on every type of terrain possible and never threw a bead. No inserts or run flats.

The rims are 10” wide. Have to use a cheetah to set the bead on the rims. Once set, they never come off except when I blow a sidewall on a sharp rock or wear the traction down to nothing.
To steal a comment from a prior post in this thread:

Again, this is mixing apples with spaghettis.

MILITARY RIMS ARE BEST WITH BEADLOCKS! You're not running military rims.

Geez, this is a ridiculous thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks