• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I substitute 450/80r20 tires for 14.00 -20's?

ericp351

Have a 925A2 5 Ton. Can I sub the above tire size for the 14.00 r 20's? 14's are getting older, but I don't want to buy 7 now as only 1 or 2 are in need of upgrades. Thanks!

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You "CAN" but they're not the same thing. They're about 48" tall but give or take tread height on the 14.00 they could be marginally similar. The 450/80r20 is much wider, softer, and rated for lower speed by comparison. I bought a M1079 with a set of them on it and they scrubbed down to near bald in less than 1000 miles of pavement driving said the previous owner. I wouldn't do it as you'll just end up replacing it again soon.

1716756418322.png

Defcon-1

Have a 925A2 5 Ton. Can I sub the above tire size for the 14.00 r 20's? 14's are getting older, but I don't want to buy 7 now as only 1 or 2 are in need of upgrades. Thanks!
I was in the same boat last year when I lost 2 of my 14.00 XZL, but didn't want to buy 7 (or change over to 16.00) at once. 14.00 are super hard to come by but I see them every now and then on FB-MP, I found replacements of the 2 XZL's on there actually and have AT2's in their spot (forward steering axle).

I wish Erie PA was closer to where I am, I have a full spare set of Michelin XL 14.00 (bought a full set of 6, from a friend who upgraded to 16.00, as plan-B while I'm saving for AT3 / XZL in 16.00 myself). It will be interesting if I lose another XZL and have to install a XL tire, then I will have 3 different tire types on my truck. Sometimes I feel like I should just sell a kidney and get it all over with at once with buying 7 lol.

ericp351

Got it now. Those sand tires looked interesting, but unsuitable. Glad I asked though. Looks like original 14.00 20's now a crap-shoot. Bought 2 last year. Probably should have bought 4. Live and learn. ...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks