• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can someone give me more info on what HMMWV are like to own?

hummer4x4guy

I will add my .02 on the topic also. Having owned my truck about 6 years now, I have changed the frame (so if you get one that is the main thing to check for it rusting out) since they are boxed they collect water (esp salt water) If you have a soft top style like I have you can buy all the parts to change it from a 4 man to a 2 man in only a few hours, its like having 2 styles of trucks in one. Soft tops in my opinion are not as loud as the slant backs. and with the top and doors off a soft top its even better (quiet) and a true PLEASURE to drive on a sunny warm day. I do drive mine as a daily driver which in a months time is only bout 6-8 days due to work. Parts as said before can be hard at times to get but that even makes it more exciting to have to hunt. They are not a lane and a half wide either. They fit fine in just one lane. They are about as wide as a dully truck all the way down the body.
EASY to work on and you will work on it no question, and sure the guys in the armed forces work on em ALL the time.. the guys who drive em DONT have to fix em. But once its yours you will take much better care of it then they will.
Joel

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need soft tops, soft doors or troop seats, you should try Wayne Harris (papercu). Last I was there he had lots of stuff especially doors. I'd love to have a basic M998 but it won't be happening in this lifetime.

hummer4x4guy

Ya could built a cheap level humvee for bout 12-14K and buy a factory/museum quality one for bout 45-50K slant back... so there is a rather wide range of price on the trucks..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks