• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can someone please provide me with these spring dimensions?

dma251

I am getting ready to install the cargo box on my hemtt, but I need to buy some of the springs that go on top of the bed-mounts up at the front of the cargo box where it bolts to the frame. They are so the frame can flex, and 5-tons and Deuces have them too.

If anyone has a 5-ton and can give me the general dimensions of one of their springs I would really appreciate it. Specifically the length, width, and if possible the spring wire diameter.

I was just planning on going through Mcmaster-Carr and order up 4 of them instead of trying to find the specific hemtt springs through Oshkosh.

Thanks

pa.rich

RE: Can someone please provide me with these spring dimensio

I have a 5 ton dumper and the springs measure 1 3/4" 0.d. The wire diameter is 1/4". They were about 5" long and I snugged them down a little to 4 1/2". There is a 8/1/2 inch 3/4" fine threaded bolt going thru it with a locknut on it. The inside of the spring is bushed on each end because the inside of the spring is abot 1 1/4" and the bolt is 3/4" so that may be difficult to get unless you have a lathe. The other thing you can do is take a large nut and weld a thick washer on the side of it to make the bushings. Hope this helps you. I got mine from one of the brothers on Steel Soldiers for $30.00 . Maybe someone has a set?