• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can the HMMWV cadillac valve be repaired?

orgnal

Folks, My hydraulic fan is staying on all the time. I did some tests, there is power / voltage at the Cadillac valve when the temperature is below 220 F. My analysis at this point is that the Cadillac valve is not working. It is quiet with or without voltage at it's connectors. I am wondering if anyone of you has successfully repaired a Cadillac valve or have you just replaced it? Is there a better to test the Cadillac valve than checking for some sign of life in the Cadillac valve when there is a voltage at it's connectors?
Thank you in advance

McReddy

TedG

If holes are plugged, then they can be cleaned. Else, get new one. Make sure you are getting 24vdc to solenoid.

karlsmith

If holes are plugged, then they can be cleaned. Else, get new one. Make sure you are getting 24vdc to solenoid.
Novice here and haven't removed the Cadillac valve, as I don't know what I'd be looking for. With my TDM connected (new replacement) the fan clutch never engages (even at temps 235-240). New, functioning temp gauge was also installed. Clutch fan runs and cools fine with the TDM disconnected. Is the Cadillac valve the next course of action to pursue? Thanks!

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took mine apart and cleaned it up. It works fine now. It can be cleaned and reassembled.
Bulldogger

orgnal

Novice here and haven't removed the Cadillac valve, as I don't know what I'd be looking for. With my TDM connected (new replacement) the fan clutch never engages (even at temps 235-240). New, functioning temp gauge was also installed. Clutch fan runs and cools fine with the TDM disconnected. Is the Cadillac valve the next course of action to pursue? Thanks!
The default for it is for the fan to engage. If there is any problem with the Cadillac valve, the the fan would remain engaged all the time; not the other way around. Do you have an alternate way to measure the coolant or radiator temperature to rule that the temperature gauge may be inaccurate?
PS: Just because a gauge is new, it does not imply it is accurate.

McReddy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks