• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can the M37 Oil pan be removed with the engine still in the truck?

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to inspecty the lower end of the engine without removing it. I un-connected the oil pan and removed the flywheel cover but cannot remove the oil pan from under the vehicle. It seems I must lift the engine as in removal of the engine to clear the oil pan from under the engine.
I am rebuilding the engine anyway...but was wondering if there is an oil pan removal procedure without lifting or removing the engine?

I cannot find the answer in the manuals as they always show the engine oil pan being removed from the engine after engine removal.

Blake

I want to inspecty the lower end of the engine without removing it. I un-connected the oil pan and removed the flywheel cover but cannot remove the oil pan from under the vehicle. It seems I must lift the engine as in removal of the engine to clear the oil pan from under the engine.
I am rebuilding the engine anyway...but was wondering if there is an oil pan removal procedure without lifting or removing the engine?

I cannot find the answer in the manuals as they always show the engine oil pan being removed from the engine after engine removal.
I didnt have any trouble taking oil pan off on my truck. Just dropped one side of the steering tie rod to get a little extra clearance.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you both for your reply. I thought about jacking up the frame, but felt I should ask first. I am not as spry as I once was and try to eliminate unwanted extra labor with no results.

Again, Thank you both.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just jack up the frame (Not the axle) on one front side and it lets the axle fall away enuf to clear.
Thank you for your reply, I have two daughters living in Tucson and one daughter living in Goodyear, Az. Love the state and hope it does not go the way of some other unmentioned states...like Calimexizuela.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks