• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can this airpack can be saved?

yolner

I got a really good deal on a reman long airpack that was stored in some rough conditions. Most of the parts actually turned out to be in good shape but the air can Im not sure about. The spot where the piston sat developed some corrosion. I ran a fine hone through a few times but can still feel slight ridges in that spot. Is there a max od spec for the can? Trying to figure out if I can hone more or if its junk.

Attachments

rustystud

I got a really good deal on a reman long airpack that was stored in some rough conditions. Most of the parts actually turned out to be in good shape but the air can Im not sure about. The spot where the piston sat developed some corrosion. I ran a fine hone through a few times but can still feel slight ridges in that spot. Is there a max od spec for the can? Trying to figure out if I can hone more or if its junk.
I would use it. Remember the seal is a large rawhide seal. It covers a large surface area, so any imperfections usually will not effect anything. I would use synthetic grease on the housing also. I have the Hydraulic fluid the military spec'ed out for this job, ( expensive stuff ! ) but really you don't need it with a good synthetic grease.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks