• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can two mep 005s be hooked up parallel

Philratcliffe

I just bought four mep 005s for my hotel and my container arrives this weekend. I’m buying breakers and switches etc to hook everything up ASAP. I was wondering if two mep 005s Can run in parallel. Thanks in advance for any info guys. RM

Guyfang

Staff member
If you look at the TM, and understand how it works, and what you are supposed to do, then it's simple. And the cable is a 4 wire cable. Look at the schematic and it's very simple to fabricate. There is even a wire diagram in the -34 that shows what and how. The TM is your best friend.

Also, I don't think you really understand what we mean by parallel cable. A parallel cable gets hooked between gen sets to allow them to "know" where and how the phases are, and to allow the gen sets to be adjusted into phase, (synchronized). It best that you get into the TM before you try this, or you might just be looking at two gen sets that don't work anymore. The load hook up is a compleatly separate thing.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks