• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can we have a new forum called the "Pin Up Room"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
so what ur saying is that if u we allow this forum to be activated we are going to make women fell less like women and more like meat? or did i miss something there. the womens body is a very beautiful thing to look at how many G.I.s have had a playboy or a half naked women on there plane tank above there bunk at night or in there flight line locker? so what ur saying is that these women that ever G.I. has looked at, is not just anther part of these mv's
Yup, missed something! You missed capitalization, puncuation and using txt terms which is still prohibited.

BadMastard

Indy4x4fab,

I think you are going to find that your idea is going to get shot down. Not because it's a bad idea, or even that it's dirty. It's because this site is geared more towards family oriented content. I love the pics of nearly naked women with MV's and guns. I think it's another form of expression, and since I'm pretty sure none of those girls were coerced or forced to take the pictures, I don't feel it's exploiting anyone. It's how they chose to make money, and more power to them. What I would prefer is that in the event someone underage is looking on our site, they are not given the opportunity to view Nudity. Why? No, I like looking at it, I just don't want to violate some of the more stringent laws regarding that. I don't want the site to end up being shutdown for complaints. I don't want to violate anyone's moral standards. I don't have the same standards but I also don't want to enforce my standards on anyone else.

So as much as I'd love to see the pics, because they are awesome in their own way, I'd say create a site yourself where you can express the heII out of them. I'll even join the site! Just not here. Because it's not the right place for it, since it is OUR place and we share it with others who object.

But thank you for the pics anyway!

gunboy1656

And your argument of GI's having pics posted everywhere does not really fly as a good bit of the members here were never military.

I found a site where most of the photos shoots (pinup and x rated) are shot using MV's, weapons and such equipment. But I like this site the way it is. Granted some changes I think need made, but probably never see them done.

Also I would like to add don't delete this thread just lock it so when someone else comes up with the idea in a few weeks/months they can see the train of thought here.

wsucougarx

Uh, it's threads like this that'll get me kicked off of SS. Trying to keep my kid's eyes as innocent as long as I can, don't need them to see this. This is one of the few sites I can actually look at not be surprised/ashame of when my family is in the same room

BadMastard

But Fab, you did stir up the hornets nest! I haven't seen this many fast posts in a long time. Wait, last time was when I broke down and everyone was right there helping out. That's why I love this site.

jj

Yeah, what the rest have said. If you want to interact with like minded folk about cooking, you go to a cooking website. Trying to make this, or anything for that matter, All Things To All People just dilutes the end product to the point of pointlessness.

mikey

whats funny is that 56 ppl have looked at this 5 have commented?

five for no one for yes, i like those kinda odds those are u.s. marine kinda odds.
Marine

You cant use a view to comment ratio to substantiate your viewpoint. Thus far 100% of comments overwhelmingly oppose your idea.

This site is about MV's. Nobody here, for the most part, dislikes beautiful scantily clad women and oiled up in sexy positions. However, if we want to view such pictures we are capable of directing our web browser to one of the millions websites that contain that content. Should we have sections on nutrition? Tax preparation? White supremacy?

This forum is dedicated to the ownership, restoration and interest in military vehicles and should remain as such.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And your argument of GI's having pics posted everywhere does not really fly as a good bit of the members here were never military.
Not to mention, you can't post that stuff in the military anymore like you used to be able to back in the day.:deadhorse:

kastein

No need.

I state this as a single 25 year old dude. I have looked at maybe 3 pages of the calendar thread. I have other sites I can go to if I want to look at stuff like this, I come here for MV discussion.

goodguyzy

we have been wanting a M35A3 section for some time now...... I don't think the pin-up section is going to make it. wouldn't even waste my time.

Chief_919

Dude.

The classifieds have 3 year old ghost ads nobody does anything about.

The forum software has a malicious code in it that redirects people to a malware site when they try to reach this site from a google search result.

The TM's are gone.

The powers that be have a lot bigger issues to tackle than creating a forum so we can look at naked chicks, when 90% of the internet is naked chics already.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I think the overwhelming response has been nay. Even if it hadn't been, the site is not a democracy so I doubt that the site owner would approve. With that said I deleted the pics in good taste with the rest of our viewing audience. I will leave the thread as a benchmark but I'm going to close it to further comment.

Indy4x4fab, while I applaud your motivation, its moving in a direction away from the site. I will also caution you, because it's been discussed before, make an effort to use capitalization and punctuation. It is blatantly obvious that you are making no effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks