• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can you get a rolling HMMWV chassis?

rawhide

Complete HMMWVs are hard to find, and expensive. Has anyone ever seen a rolling chassis come up for sale? All I would really need is the frame, suspension, and the full drivetrain from the transfer case down to the wheels/hubs. I can source or fit an engine and transmission. I don't want or need the body or interior, but I am interested in this chassis as the foundation for a project. Even if it was less wheels and tires, at least those are available without too much difficulty.

What are the chances of finding something like this? I haven't seen any, so I am curious if these are subject to the same demil rules as complete vehicles?

wsucougarx

From what I have been told. The HMMWV frame is cut diagonally in both directions (front corner to rear corner), then cut from frame side to frame side in several spots, and if available it is then crushed.

Haasino

There have been several rolling chassis up for sale on eBay recently... all from Army Trucks, Inc. which is a motion picture rental company.

ryan77

Guy by my work had 2 of them sitting outside his shop! Hes always working on different hummer projects! I posted the pic of one of them a month ago. Ive been trying to talk to the guy but im not at the shop more then once a week!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Really? Wonder where they went? They had just over 2 dozen last time I was there.:shock:
They export most of their stuff. I think they built one or two for private sales, but the rest got painted white and loaded onto a ship.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Dont try building one from two frame rails.I am doing that now,it is very expensive and time consuming.Trying to find all the parts is very hard .

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know about the same one as jwaller does. Just remember what HMMWV stands for (High Maintenance, Money Wasting Vehicle). If you got the money, we both know the man that can fix you up!

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 86 rolling frame I was thinking about selling.
Its in So. Cal.