• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can you identify this wheel?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would echo 98G's assessment.

It looks like a 395/85R20 Michelin XML on a 20 bolt FMTV wheel, which has the same lug pattern (10 on 11.25") as a 5 ton.

162tcat

now theres the intelligent answer we were looking for, I thank you sir
Well government liquidation allows previews so the best way is to bring a tape measure and look! They may even measure for you if you call and ask nicely. If you buy based on everyone's educated guess and get something that doesn't fit, it's your loss. Or find out they have hidden damage... I will guarantee they fit a wheeled military vehicle, just maybe not yours.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OKC GL only allows previews after the auction is open, and only by appointment which must be made 3-4 weeks in advance, and frequently the items aren't listed that far in advance, making that impossible. Doing a preview of items 1000 miles away isn't realistic. Despite their claim of "we strongly encourage you to inspect the item", the truth is they expect you to make your bidding decisions based on the ad details.

OKC GL being willing to go eyeball something for you is laughable at best.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
5 ton combat wheels.
There is very little difference in offset literally .002
With the combat wheels on the back dished in you really can not tell the difference in between front and back.

I got 3 new caiman wheels with run flats and Goodyear mvt's that I did not want to break down. They are beveled on each side like the 5 ton combat rims so they can be front or rears.
3rd is my spare.

Caiman and fmtv rims are the same except run flats not used on fmtv.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks