• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can you leave the key in the ignition?

FLINT

Super simple question.

I live in the country on a forest service road, and am not worried about theft. I would like to leave the key to my m1028 in my ignition. Some vehicles will drain power from the battery if the key is in the ignition and I want to make sure this is not the case with the CUCV.

I may not have email access for a week so don't think I'm rude if I don't thank any replies quickly.

Thanks!

OL AG '89

Flint?
Are you serious?
"Some vehicles will drain power from the battery if the key is in the ignition "
Not in my wildest nightmare shave I ever heard of something so crazy.
Not even when my daughter, after just learning how to drive wanted to know when the blinkers weren't working if we needed to add BLINKER FLUID.

Can you name the vehicles that you have run into that drain power when the key is "left in the ignition"?

REALLY??????

dittle

Shouldn't cause an issue, just make sure the key is turned to the off location. Remember all that truck is is an late model Chevy diesel converted to 24V (plus a few other minor changes).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Makes sense, chipped vehicles could cause a current drain from the key left in the ignition. This is not the case with the CUCV. The key in the ignition cylinder will cause no such drain as long as it remains in the off position.

beanman1

hey my dodge durango will kill a battery if the key is left in the ignition with it in the off position because the interior lights come on when the key is inserted i know it sounds funny but they come on when you open the door but you can shut the door and reach through the window and insert the key in to the ignition and the lights will come on and stay on until either yoiu start the truck of remove the key

91W350

I just started a couple at Riley that had been there for several months with the key in the ignition. You should be good!