• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can you pull a M989A1 trailer with a Deuce

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had access to one, I would sure give it a try. The ones I recently saw had duplex tires - something like 19.5x15. They look like they would be great for a smaller size piece of equipment for local hauls.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm confused! It seems there are two trailers, one a wagon type/drop center, fold down sides, that has a short tongue, and another that has two axles in the center of the trailer, also with fold down sides. What are they called? I have done a search and the second type comes up as M989.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm confused! It seems there are two trailers, one a wagon type/drop center, fold down sides, that has a short tongue, and another that has two axles in the center of the trailer, also with fold down sides. What are they called? I have done a search and the second type comes up as M989.

yea...they made a couple design changes in the m989a1 ;-)

jasonjc

As far I'm concered they are two different trailers but the gov just put an A1 on the one.

M989 is two axle in the middle and fold down sides.
M989A1 is a wagon type with a drop center.

Both of these were made to be pulled by the 10 ton HMETT(sp)
I think they were for hauling the rocket pods for the MLRS's

Last edited: