• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can you tell whats missing from this 6.2?

galeo7171

I'm looking at the pics of the M1009 I just won and noticed a few things missing from the engine. I know the air filter/breather cover is missing, I think the CDR is missing too and the hoses that hook to it. what else can you tell is missing? I think there are some hoses missing from the injection pump????

Attachments

ctmustang

I'm a mechanic and I would have bid on it too so don't let some folks beat you down. It may be a great runner when you get it home and replace what's missing and if not then you have a project/learning experience ahead of you.
Good luck with it.
C.T.:wink:

Sgt Hulka

Caution: minor thread diversion... Hey, what's with the protective screen on the intake manifold??!! I like that. Is that aftermarket or should mine have that as well? Feel free to PM me so as not to let the thread go too far astray.

ctmustang

The screen had actually 2 purposes in civy life. One was of course to keep beer cans out of intake. and sometimes the intakes would make a moning noise and gm thought the screen would take care of that too.

zyrtecx

I agree with ctmustang it will be a learning project/experience and you will enjoy getting it going... Good Luck! We all are here if you need anything... :p

06streetrod

i've paid alot more for alot less.....ip wires are probably hanging around the right side manifold/frame somwhere. let us know if you need help with the vac lines too.

galeo7171

I see it's missing the ever elusive vaccum hoses to the IP area.....better sell it:-D

I'm kind of new, so I dont know what this means. I see two vacuum ports (i think thats what they're called) coming out from the side of the IP, do these need to be plugged or should there be something hooked up to them??

4bogginchevys

lol, truck looks good, strait, and the drivers seat shows low mileage....good buy, I really cant remember how that hooks up, i'll get back to ya.:-D

Last edited: