• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can your HMMWV do this?

ClarkeF

None of them can without modification. What John A. has done here to be able to pull this off is shorten the front overhang. The Cummin's engine swap, large tires, cut down hood and overhang all combine to make it possible. A normal ECV or HMMWV would never get the tires right up against the wall.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well my normal HMMWV has no problem, getting the front wheels directly on a flat wall and climbing over. Now the biggest i have climbed is only 3.5 feet.

ClarkeF

well my normal HMMWV has no problem, getting the front wheels directly on a flat wall and climbing over. Now the biggest i have climbed is only 3.5 feet.

Unless you have shortened your frame rails like John has done here with his highly modified truck, or possibly put on way bigger tires that extend beyond the frame, you can't do this - straight on and the wall higher than your frame. The end of the frame hits the wall, preventing the wheels from reaching the surface. The HMMWV approach angle wo/winch in 72 degrees - not 90 like John's truck here. Add a winch and it drops to 47 because the frame extensions push you further away from the wall.

I've climbed high walls and obstacles too, but not a perfectly vertical surface Like this - can't do it. Not in the factory spec.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok we can go round and round. But my truck has no mods and has and will still climb a 3 foot + verticle cement wall.

91W350

This guy failed on 42 inch tires.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5vT5v1ZwFo[/media]

I watched that original video several times in the past and could not figure out how he did it. Now we all know.

kdrambo

I just went out in the driveway and put a level vertically on the front tires and the bumper on my stock M998 with 37 in tires, then drew a line on the ground. I do not have a wall I can drive up to, but according to the lines and the level my front tires will hit the wall and if they were pumped up to 40 psi , should, be enough to get up the wall. Of course I don't plan on trying it but in theory it would work.

91W350

That is not a vertical wall. I do not have a Hummer, been around a few, my department has one, nice trucks. My thin wallet vs the cost of one is the only reason I do not have one, they are an awesome vehicle and very capable. It is obvious though, that set of ramps was made to display their product. The ramps are at just the right angle and spaced wide enough to clear the frame and grill. I ran ours against a wall and it hits a few inches before the tires do.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
according AM general a stock HMMWV can crawl over a 22 inch verticle wall. The one i crawled was about 3 feet

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks