• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian 5/4 ton in 1:24 scale

ScottG2005

Hello everyone I built this model kit a month ago and I thought I'd share it with everyone. This model kit is based off of a 1976 chevy military truck that were bought by the Canadian forces in 1976.

ScottG2005

I tried to keep the same colors the c.f. 5/4s had. I found the best kit to use would be the "revell big game country"model kit cause it has all the parts most model kits don't. How ever it doesn't come with skid plates. So if you want them you will have to custom make them. also the credit for the 2 photos of the real life 5/4 goes to the original uploader

Attachments

Last edited:

ScottG2005

If you're building the same model kit. Don't glue the back of the cab to the rest of the cab Intel you finish the interior cause its the only way you can install interior in the cab I found it out the hard way real quick. Also don't use super glue. It fogs the windows up. If you get superglue use very little

Last edited:

ScottG2005

So now we go to the tires. These tires are cloned after the ground hog bias ply tires. They do not make the original style wheels that where on c.f. 5/4 tons

Attachments

ScottG2005

Now you're getting closer to seeing what you're c.f. 5/4 ton model will look like now put the engine in the frame,put you're wheels on,glue the body down, that is if you've done the interior. I done a black interior(sorry no photo of that sadly). The original c.f. 5/4 tons had a tan interior(I think I might be wrong) with maroon bucket seats. Just use the bench seat it won't hurt how it looks cause some of the c.f. 5/4s had bench seats converted in them.

Attachments

tbar123

Looks good so far! I always use Hob E Tac for windows. Woodland Scenics makes it. It dries clear and if you need to remove it you can. I use that stuff on a bunch of different things.

ScottG2005

Looks good so far! I always use Hob E Tac for windows. Woodland Scenics makes it. It dries clear and if you need to remove it you can. I use that stuff on a bunch of different things.
Thanks for the advice man. I plan on building another in the future as a "signal truck" ill look at the glue you are talking about

tbar123

You won't be disappointed. That stuff is model making magic! You have to paint it on, Let it dry then apply. I use it for PE. mainly but it's great for all kinds of stuff. Keep the current build progress going.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks