• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian Border Crossing

Gunner USN

Has anyone, ever have experience in planning a convoy across the Canadian Border (Superior, Wi to Thunder Bay, Ont). Looking for information on doing this!

jasonjc

I have not done it myself , but I read an article about a school bus driver. His route was right a long the border. He had to cross like 2 or 3 times each day. It was un unmanned site so he had to get out of the bus and call in form a phone at the crossing with the list of name of the students he had on the bus. He had to do this every time every day.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a convoy that did that high way up to Canada a few years ago. It boiled down to no guns, no replicas, nothing that's illegal and make sure your registration and insurance are up to date and correct.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One convoy with the MVPA ALCAN run waaay back in 2012 had 40 or more units approach the border. We fed them and gave them Canadian pop once they arrived but I didn't hear about any border complaints. Maybe some of the ALCAN kids will chime in and tell us how they made out.......

I haven't made the crossing in an MV so the following instructional video is the best I can do, dare for ya aboot it eh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC1f2e6Kk7c

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just have all your duck in a row - passports, ownership papers/registrations/insurance/suitable drivers licence for that vehicle in Canada - airbrakes etc...
Don't go over your allowance on booze or spare gasoline/diesel.
Make sure you have names/locations of destination/reason for trip etc.
Do not show up at the border after a weekend of muddin - the Canadians like clean trucks without nasty American mud.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks