• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian Hood

dwhite

I'm in the process of installing a 251 in my M37 with the Canadian radiator. Looking at a few of the past posts, the Canadian M37's had a modified hood to clear the offset radiator. Does anyone have specific information, or pictures of the modification? Thanks.

majorhitt

Is your M a Canadian? You will have to drill holes for the engine mount. That big thing with the odd hole in it. It will be a few inches forward of the brackets used for the American engineIMG_5780.jpgThis photo is from my collection of reference photos, it shows the two American holes and the bolts in the other holes for the Canadian. You may be well aware of what I mentioned, and if so enjoy the nice photo.

dwhite

Thanks for the photo! My 37 isn't Canadian, but I was able to to modify the frame cross-member to accommodate the forward engine mounts. I was also able to locate a couple of pictures of the Canadian hood. The hood exterior is the same as the standard series. However, there's a slight difference in the interior sheet metal at the front.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks